SASjs Server Documentation¶
SASjs Server provides a visual interface and REST API for executing programs directly against the SAS executable (
sas.sh). The executable could be on a desktop, or an actual SAS server. It works in a broadly similar way to the SAS® Stored Process server, or the Viya Job Execution Service - if you have either of these, then it is likely you do not need SASjs Server.
SASjs Server is FAST - responsiveness (for SAS Stored Programs) is around 200 milliseconds. The following features are provided out of the box:
- SASjs Studio - for running SAS code and examining webout content
- REST API - documentation which can also used to make actual API calls
- AppStream - a portal for home-grown or third-party SAS-Powered Web Applications
If you are running older versions of SAS, or SAS on a desktop, then this product will enable you to:
- Install third party apps (such as Data Controller for SAS)
- Run tests on your SAS Jobs, Services and Macros
- Execute SAS code from a browser
- Execute JS code from SAS
- Build applications on SAS
SASjs Server is MIT open source and the repository is available here: https://github.com/sasjs/server.